ADSM-L

Re: TSM 4.2 server migration problem on NT

2001-08-23 08:50:15
Subject: Re: TSM 4.2 server migration problem on NT
From: Aloes consultant <tsmaloes AT YAHOO.COM DOT AU>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 20:31:29 +1000
Thank you very much Andy.

After verifying prerequisite on the WEB, I saw my
error.
 Indeed, after upgrading IE to version 5.0, TSM
version 4.2 has been istalled succesfully.

Best regards.

--- Andrew Raibeck <araibeck AT US.TIVOLI DOT COM> wrote: >
The TSM 4.2 server requires Internet Explorer 5 or
> [...]
> Raibeck/Tucson/IBM@IBMUS
> Internet e-mail: araibeck AT us.ibm DOT com
>
> The only dumb question is the one that goes unasked.
> The command line is your friend.
> "Good enough" is the enemy of excellence.
>

> Joerg Pohlmann/CanWest/IBM@IBMCA
> Sent by: "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager"
> <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
> 08/22/2001 16:26
> Please respond to "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager"
>

>         To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
>         cc:
>         Subject:        Re: TSM 4.2 server migration
> problem on NT
>

> I have received the same error (Internal error 2738.
> caTestPtfLevel) with
> an English (US) language environment. NT is 4.0,
> SP5, the TSM server
> previously installed was 3.7.4. Upgrade to 4.1.3 was
> no problem, that's
> where we are right now. Any help would be
> appreciated as we would like to
> get to 4.2.
>
> Joerg Pohlmann
>

> tsm aloes <tsmaloes AT YAHOO.COM DOT AU>@VM.MARIST.EDU> on
> 2001-08-22 07:30:36
>
> Please respond to "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager"
> <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
>
> Sent by:  "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager"
> <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
>

> To:   ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
> cc:
> Subject:  TSM 4.2 server migration problem on NT
>

> Hi all,
>
> before deployment, I experience the migration of a
> TSM
> 4.1.3.0 server to a TSM 4.2.0.0 server on NT
> platform
> (NT 4 service pack 6). NLS is french.
> The readme provided with installation package
> (CDROM)
> tells the following:
>  Upgrading from TSM 4.1.x.x to the current version
>
>    1) Write down the directory where the current
> release is installed
>    2) Use Add/Remove programs to uninstall the
> current
> version
>    3) Install the new version to the same location
> as
> the original
>
>    Note that during step 3, the setup program will
> automatically
>    upgrade your TSM database and Web Administrator.
>

> So, I do... and during installation (phase #3), a
> popup is
> displayed with:
>
> Erreur interne 2738. caTestPtfLevel
> (Internal error 2738. caTestPtfLevel)
>
> I tried again the installation with NLS English US:
> same popup is displayed.
> I looked into registry, searching about "TSM" or
> "ADSM". Some keys containing these strings remained
> and have been
> deleted. Then, I rebooted my system and retried
> installation : unsucceful, same popup is displayed.
>
> Thanks by advance for your help...
>
> Aloes consultant team.

> http://shopping.yahoo.com.au - Father's Day Shopping
> - Find the perfect gift for your Dad for Father's
Day

=====
Aloes consultant team      http://www.aloes.fr
Paris             +33(1)60 11 70 10