ADSM-L

Server crashed on startup with error in dsmcperf.dll

2001-08-20 13:28:45
Subject: Server crashed on startup with error in dsmcperf.dll
From: "Block, Clemens" <block AT RZAG DOT NET>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 19:29:06 +0200
Hi Folk!

I have an urgent problem with my ADSM Server 3.1.2.50 on a Windows
NT System. Yes I know, it's quiet old.
The new 4.1 x Server is also running on an nerw  machine but unfor-
tunaltely not all nodes are actually migrated. Murphy is everywhere.

As I explained earlier the day, the Server was unable to perform a db
backup on Satrurday. So at least the server crasched.
My first action was to create a new logvolume with dsmfmt and extend
the log db with the offline dsmserv extend db command.

This works quiet well and I tried to restart the Server. Now the Server
starts, but crashed after a few minutes with an Dr Watson in the modul
dsmsvc.dbg an an entry in the eventlog, which announce an error in the
perflib dsmcperf.dll.

Any suggestions how to bring up server for the last few days.

I don't know if the Release 1.2.50 is the latest 3.1.x release.
So is there any later patch release? (maybe this can help)
If yes - Where can I find it (there is nothing on the IBM Sites)

Thanks in advance
        Clemens