ADSM-L

Re: Server crashed with full dblog volume

2001-08-20 09:19:30
Subject: Re: Server crashed with full dblog volume
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 09:20:16 -0400
>In my opinion I can solve the problem, if it is possible to start a db
>backup without a running server or exctend the dblog without a run-
>ning server. Any idea how to do this?

I'd strongly advise study of the Admin Guide manual, which describes
all the procedures for administering the server, including extending
the Recovery Log.  (It's essential to know this stuff so as to be able
to get your company's data quickly accessible again.)  See the chapter
on Managing the Database and Recovery Log, Increasing the Size of the
Database and Recovery Log, Recovering When the Recovery Log Runs Out
of Space.  That describes how to do an Extend Log.

   Richard Sims, BU