ADSM-L

how to EXPIRE UNIX files from unmounted/deleted file system

2001-08-16 14:12:29
Subject: how to EXPIRE UNIX files from unmounted/deleted file system
From: "MC Matt Cooper (2838)" <Matt.Cooper AT AMGREETINGS DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 14:13:17 -0400
Hello all,
        In my seemingly never ending quest to get my tape retention clean, I
have come across a UNIX CLIENT problem.  There were some file systems that
were created for doing a temporary move/copy procedures.  While the File
system existed, it was backed up.  Now I have a tape that is 5 months old
and has a bunch of data on it that worthless but does not want to change to
a status of INACTIVE.  I know I could take the tape and scratch it with a
DISCARD DATA option, but I want to do this in a clean way and make it a part
of the Stand Operating Procedure.  Does anyone know the proper change to put
into the include/exclude list so this UNIX client will have these files
marked INACTIVE?
Matt