ADSM-L

TAPEPOOL Pending Volumes

2001-08-16 12:36:49
Subject: TAPEPOOL Pending Volumes
From: "Martin, Jon R." <jrmartin AT KNS DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 12:36:25 -0400
Because of capacity we are having a hard time maintaining scratch tapes in
our library.  I thought of the following and would appreciate any feedback
on it's pros and cons.

Much like a copypool tape is kept offsite until it's "Delay period for
reuse" has expired I was considering checking my TAPEPOOL pending volumes
out of the library until they completed their reuse period.  Currenltly our
reuse period has been temporarily set to 3 days and even with that there are
usually 10 slots in the library occupied by pending volumes.  I realize that
for this to work it would need to be done daily but the alternative problems
are worse.

Any thoughts?

Jon Martin