ADSM-L

Automatically Starting TSM on Unix (Solaris)

2001-08-16 09:29:36
Subject: Automatically Starting TSM on Unix (Solaris)
From: "Klein, Robert (CIT)" <kleinr AT EXCHANGE.NIH DOT GOV>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 09:30:21 -0400
I have a client who has just installed the newest version of TSM on a
Solaris machine.  He  has an older version installed on another Solaris
machine.  He had no problem setting up the older verion on the other machine
to start up automatically in scheduler mode, but is not able to do so with
the newer version.  He has passwordaccess set to generate in his dsm.sys
file but still gets prompted for the password.  He says when he tries to put
an entry in the inittab file, it still asks for a password but he has no way
to enter it. He even copied the opt files from the machine on which things
are working to the new machine but still can't get it to work.  Anyone have
any ideas as to what he is doing wrong (or has some sort of bug been
introduced into the latest version)?  Thanks.

Note:  If this question has been answered recently before, feel free to let
me know.  I am getting the digest version in html format, but I can't get to
the submissions by clicking on the links.