ADSM-L

win2000 Clusternode yes parameter

2001-08-16 08:52:52
Subject: win2000 Clusternode yes parameter
From: "Warren, Matthew James" <matthewjames.warren AT EDS DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 13:53:08 +0100
Hello People,

We have a problem installing the TSM scheduler service on a win2000 cluster.

There are 2 nodes connected to some clusterdisk.

We have installed a scheduler service on each node to backup the local disk.
This service works fine.

We have also installed a scheduler service on each local node pointing to a
dsm.opt file on the clusterdisk. This dsm.opt file has the option
clusternode yes in it.

The service was installed with the /custernode:yes and /clustername etc..
switches.

When we run

dsmc -optfile=(path to clusterdisk dsm.opt)

The client starts ok.

If we try to start the scheduler service for the clusterdisk from the
services control panel applet the service fails to start. The service
returns no error, but if we look in the dsmerror.log it reports that
clusternode yes is an invalid option.

The actual error message is similar to;

ANS1107E  '-Clusternode='yes'' invalid option / value pair in dsm.opt file.

Has anyone got any ideas?

I have talked with the guy having the problem (He's trying to get this
installed and working over in Washington US, I'm in the UK..) and as far as
we can over the phone he has everything installed and setup correctly.

He's hoping to catch a plane home later..

Matt.

Matthew Warren.          GZPTXW

MatthewJames.Warren AT eds DOT com <mailto:MatthewJames.Warren AT eds DOT com>

EDS Core Infrastructure,

UK Technical Services Group,

Wavendon Tower, Milton Keynes.