ADSM-L

Verification TDP/R3, Sun, 2+GB files OK...

2001-08-13 15:23:04
Subject: Verification TDP/R3, Sun, 2+GB files OK...
From: "Cook, Dwight E" <cookde AT BP DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 14:21:42 -0500
Does anyone currently use Sun Solaris 2.6, TSM 4.1, & TDP/R3 3.2 and process
data base files greater than 2 GB ?

I have an environment with Sol 2.6, TSM 3.7 & backint 2.4.25.6 (yes, so old
it has gray hair) and it doesn't like files over 2GB.

I'm seeing that
                BKI0005I: Start of backint program at: Fri Aug 10 21:11:21
2001.
                stat: Value too large for defined data type

and prior to purchasing new TDP/R3 licenses I'd like to at least think it is
going to work
 (but I can't find any documentation stating so and the download of the
try-n-buy didn't work)

somewhere in the confusion over the years, support of the "backint" was
dropped so new versions will have to be purchased :-/

Dwight