ADSM-L

Re: Cleaning frequency ?

2001-08-09 22:49:00
Subject: Re: Cleaning frequency ?
From: "Ganu Sachin, IBM" <Sachin.Ganu AT KWA2.SIEMENS.CO DOT IN>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 08:19:18 +0530
I had the same problem with TSM 3.7.0 and AIX 4.3.3. In our environment we
observed that after 900 GB of data processing by the tape drive itused to
flash CLEAN message but TSM never cleaned automatically. So I have set  the
cleaning frequency parameter as 900 instead of ASNEEDED and now TSM is
religiously cleaning the drive. The parameter 900 does not mean , due to bad
tape if it asks for prematured cleaning, it will wait for 900 GB data
processing to clean, it applies the logic 900 GB processing or cleaning flag
raised by the drive , whichever is earlier.

Regards

Sachin Ganu