ADSM-L

Exchange backup

2001-08-09 14:55:17
Subject: Exchange backup
From: Jeff Bach <jdbach AT WAL-MART DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 13:55:52 -0500
All,

        I need to know if anyone has a solution for Exchange that can backup
and restore a 70 Gig Exchange database in 1 hour.  The solution would need
to scale to 40 Exchange databases.  I have lots of ideas and new technology
to use, and I have tested SAN backup, but I do not prefer this solution
because it requires dedicated tape drive and the NT clients to be rebooted
to add more devices.  I have SAN disks on the client, 100 base-T only
through a switch, 4 Gigabit auto-port aggregated on the server,  8 disk
arrays on the server, 6 CPUs, no memory constraint.   Is anyone getting
results like this using anything I am not?  Is there specific code levels I
should be using?

Jeff Bach
Home Office Open Systems Engineering
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.

WAL-MART CONFIDENTIAL

and intended solely for the individual or entity to
whom they are addressed.  If you have received this email
in error destroy it immediately.