ADSM-L

Re: Cleaning frequency ?

2001-08-09 11:49:35
Subject: Re: Cleaning frequency ?
From: David Longo <David.Longo AT HEALTH-FIRST DOT ORG>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 11:50:12 -0400
I think the *SM manual stattes that *SM cleaning is only done'
for SCSI libraries that don't have Auto cleaning.  It lists several
specific libraries that *SM cleaning is not valid for.

Use Autoclean on the Library for the ones that support it
and set CLEASNFreq to NONE for these.

I have 3575 library and use autoclean on library.
Works with no problems.  If I want to clean a drive
on demand I cand do it through LCD panel on library.

David B. Longo
System Administrator
Health First, Inc.
3300 Fiske Blvd.
Rockledge, FL 32955-4305
PH      321.434.5536
Pager  321.634.8230
Fax:    321.434.5525
david.longo AT health-first DOT org

>>> stvernaillen AT GE.COKECCE DOT COM 08/09/01 10:49AM >>>
All,

I got a single 3590 library with a cleaning cartridge in there. the drive
      has cleaning frequency "ASNEEDED".

now the display says that the drive needs cleaning, but TSM does nothing...

Was I wrong to think "asneeded" ment that the library would take the
      cleaning cartridge and clean the drive as it was needed ???

TSM server is 3.7.4 on AIX4.3.3

any comments welcome,

Stan

"MMS <health-first.org>" made the following
 annotations on 08/09/01 11:55:12
---
This message is for the named person's use only.  It may contain This message
is for the named person's use only.  It may contain confidential, proprietary,
or legally privileged information.  No confidentiality or privilege is waived
or lost by any mistransmission.  If you receive this message in error, please
immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard
copies of it, and notify the sender.  You must not, directly or indirectly,
use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are
not the intended recipient.  Health First reserves the right to monitor all
e-mail communications through its networks.  Any views or opinions expressed in
this message are solely those of the individual sender, except (1) where the
message states such views or opinions are on behalf of a particular entity;
and (2) the sender is authorized by the entity to give such views or opinions.