ADSM-L

removing the client of a server

2001-08-08 17:22:46
Subject: removing the client of a server
From: Joe Cascanette <Joe.Cascanette AT CUMIS DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 11:37:46 -0400
Is there anyway to remove the client executable from a (TSM V4.2) client and
still keep the web gui and the schedule service operational?

Where is the overview:

I have x amount of servers in our DMZ area (between the firewalls). I
currently have the restore/backups asking for a password, but these
passwords are not encrypted. What I really want to do is access the remove
the client from those servers, but keep the web(https) gui (for manual
backups / archives) and keep the scheduler service running for nightly
backups.

The reason is if someone did get into the DMZ area they could actually do
some damage with backups and restores.

Thanks

Joe Cascanette