ADSM-L

Re: No Drives Available (Help)

2001-08-07 08:08:29
Subject: Re: No Drives Available (Help)
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 08:09:15 -0400
>This has been going on since this morning. I don't get it because the drives
>are available if I q drive.

Geoff - In my experience, the Query Drive command is an unreliable indicator
        of drive health.  SHOW LIBRary is more indicative.  The mtlib command
is also helpful, on a 3494, to reveal drive states and mounted tapes that
are undisclosed via TSM commands.  Also check via opsys commands, like lsdev
in AIX.

I'd recommend going to the computer room and inspecting the 3494 Library
Manager and drives.  The IBM CE may have left them in an Offline state or other,
rendering them unusable to TSM.

   Richard Sims, BU