ADSM-L

Re: Question on Novell Problems

2001-08-03 09:58:27
Subject: Re: Question on Novell Problems
From: Jim Kirkman <jmk AT EMAIL.UNC DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 09:58:06 -0400
Another consideration, are you using the memoryefficientbackup setting in the
options file?

See below:

*  NetWare Memory management option
*  ---------------------------------------------------------------
*  The following option uses a memory conserving algorithm for
*  processing incremental backups as each directory is backed up.
*  This option may increase the duration of time required for
*  backups and increase CPU utilization on the TSM Server.
*  But will decrease the required NetWare memory needed for backups.
*
* MEMORYEFFICIENTBACKUP YES
 MEMORYEFFICIENTBACKUP NO

--