ADSM-L

Re: Backup Trigger

2001-08-02 14:46:08
Subject: Re: Backup Trigger
From: Christian Astuni <astuni AT AR.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 15:45:41 -0300
ok .. thank you very much Cook. But if I have to use a scratch volume, why
appear with the name dbbk.1
I've been meaning to configured the backup trigger with 0 incremental
backup so always start a full backup.

Christian Astuni
IBM Global Services
astuni AT ar.ibm DOT com
Tel. 4898-4621
Hipolito Yrigoyen 2149  - Martínez (1640) Bs. As. - Argentina

                    "Cook, Dwight

                    E"                   To:     Christian
Astuni/Argentina/IBM@IBMAR
                    <cookde AT bp DOT com       cc:

                    >                    Subject:     RE: Backup Trigger

                    02/08/2001

                    15:23

                    Please respond

                    to "Cook,

                    Dwight E"

I should probably further qualify that...
With that it will trigger an incremental db backup to clear the log and
every so many incrementals it will do a full...
TSM won't let you shoot yourself in the foot...
that is, an old db backup (set, full & following incrementals) until you
have at least another "FULL" backup that is good.
So you can't use a single tape, because any backup operation (full or inc)
will always write FILE#1 to the tape and it won't let you overwrite a db
backup file and you can't clear it until you creat a new one
yadayadayada...
Now this is all with logmode rollforward...
If you use logmode normal you can't define a db backup trigger.

hope this helps a little...
Dwight