ADSM-L

Re: don't backup new drives.

2001-08-01 07:28:51
Subject: Re: don't backup new drives.
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 07:29:37 -0400
>My problem is that the schedule don't backup the new drives. It's still
>backing up only the C: and D: drive.

See yesterday's postings regarding permissions.  Some notes I have:

        The simplest cause would be that the backup was attempted via the
        scheduler and it was not restarted after a change to either the drives
        complement or client options file, to know to back up that drive.
        This normally is a permissions problem.  Check the scheduler service via
        control panel / services.  See what account the service logs in as.  If
        it is the SYSTEM account, make sure that the drive has permissions for
        the SYSTEM account.  A lot of NT Administrators remove EVERYONE from the
        permissions, which also prevents the SYSTEM account from being able to
        do backups.  Note that running the backup manually causes it to run
        under your own account, so that may succeed whereas the scheduled backup
        may fail.
        Another reason could be that disks involved are part of the Microsoft
        clustering environment. Have you included CLUSTERnode Yes in the
        cluster.opt file for each logical node on the cluster?
        And, the volume should really have a label.

 Richard Sims, BU