ADSM-L

Getting accounting log out of SMF

2001-07-27 19:11:16
Subject: Getting accounting log out of SMF
From: Kai Hintze <kai_hintze AT ALBERTSONS DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 16:11:56 -0700
Please help a hapless unix administrator thrust into managing TSM on a
mainframe. I've been running ADSM on AIX for years, but after a merger I am
suddenly trying to work outside may current knowledge base. I'm trying to
view the accounting log to get some client histories. My mainframe contact
says they are in SMF and we don't have a report for it.

1) What is SMF? Why do I need a report?

2) Does anyone have a report that would let me dump the accounting logs to a
text file where I can analyze them?

Thanks!

Kai.

"If you find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere."
-- Franklin Clark