ADSM-L

Re: Admin changes in last 2 years?

2001-07-27 13:03:16
Subject: Re: Admin changes in last 2 years?
From: Andrew Raibeck <araibeck AT US.TIVOLI DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 10:03:50 -0700
I don't know about Mac, but for NT and 2000, you can use the FINDSTR
command, which includes some grep-like behavior. For example:

   grep -i fail sched.log

could be written as:

   findstr /i /c:fail sched.log

A weaker version of FINDSTR, FIND, is also available. The same command
would be written like this:

   find /i "fail" sched.log

Just as with grep, you can pipe the output to another program.

I work mainly with NT and 2000, so I usually prefer FINDSTR. I don't
believe that FINDSTR is implemented in Win9X, but I'm pretty sure that
FIND is implemented there.

Also, check out the event logging facilities on the server. You can read
about this in the Administrator's Guide, in the chapter on monitoring the
TSM server.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Tivoli Systems
e-mail: araibeck AT us.ibm DOT com
"The only dumb question is the one that goes unasked."
"The command line is your friend"

Francisco Reyes <lists AT NATSERV DOT COM>
07/27/2001 09:39