ADSM-L

Admin changes in last 2 years?

2001-07-27 09:53:32
Subject: Admin changes in last 2 years?
From: Francisco Reyes <lists AT NATSERV DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 09:55:47 -0400
I was away from ADSM/TSM for about two years.
On the last two weeks I have been re-organizing a setup I inherited.

I am wondering what has changed from the day to day admin functionality in
the last two years I was away.

I still don't see a way to see why an scheduled client job failed. Even
though I only have a handfull of clients I don't see why this
functionality is still missing. After all there are companies out there
backing up hundreds of nodes. I don't think it is practical for those
companies to go to each failed client.

Any improvements with point in time backup/restores? I see an
"imagebackup", but from reading the description doesn't make much sense to
me. It reads pretty much like the same thing as a selective backup.