ADSM-L

Re: Magstar 3570

2001-07-26 15:43:12
Subject: Re: Magstar 3570
From: David Longo <David.Longo AT HEALTH-FIRST DOT ORG>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 15:43:16 -0400
Yes, you can have two sessions running at the same time.  On the client
in the dsm.opt file, there is a parameter you can add -
RESOURCEUTILIZATION     X
Where X is the number of sessions you want (really 2x the number).
See docs on Clients for info on this.  Generally if you want 2 sessions
set X to 4.

If you are running direct to tape then you don't want more
sessions than drives available.

David B. Longo
System Administrator
Health First, Inc.
3300 Fiske Blvd.
Rockledge, FL 32955-4305
PH      321.434.5536
Pager  321.634.8230
Fax:    321.434.5525
david.longo AT health-first DOT org

>>> Bill.Wheeler AT LA-Z-BOY DOT COM 07/26/01 03:12PM >>>
Hello *SMers,

        Here is a situation that we are trying to look at to hopefully cut
down our archive time.  I was wondering if any of you have an idea if it
would be possible.

Currently we are running TSM 4.1.2.0 on an AIX 4.3.3.0

We run a nightly archive of 70 GB that is taking just over 8 hours
uncompressed.   In our Magstar 3570 we have two different tape drives.   My
question follows:   Is it possible to be running two different archives at
the same time to cut down the processing time?   If it is possible how would
you go at it?   I know I see allot of *SMers talking about backup clients at
the same time, but the information we back up comes off of one RS/6000 AIX
server.    Is it possible to be running two sessions off the same machine at
the same time?

Any help would be grateful.

Thanks in Advance,

Bill Wheeler
AIX Administrator
La-Z-Boy Incorporated
bill.wheeler AT la-z-boy DOT com <mailto:bill.wheeler AT la-z-boy DOT com>

"MMS <health-first.org>" made the following
 annotations on 07/26/01 15:47:57
---
This message is for the named person's use only.  It may contain This message
is for the named person's use only.  It may contain confidential, proprietary,
or legally privileged information.  No confidentiality or privilege is waived
or lost by any mistransmission.  If you receive this message in error, please
immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard
copies of it, and notify the sender.  You must not, directly or indirectly,
use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are
not the intended recipient.  Health First reserves the right to monitor all
e-mail communications through its networks.  Any views or opinions expressed in
this message are solely those of the individual sender, except (1) where the
message states such views or opinions are on behalf of a particular entity;
and (2) the sender is authorized by the entity to give such views or opinions.