ADSM-L

AIX TSM scheduler problem

2001-07-26 03:57:00
Subject: AIX TSM scheduler problem
From: Petr Přerost <pprerost AT HTD DOT CZ>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 10:00:08 +0200
Dear *SMers ,
I am unable to solve problem with TSM scheduler on AIX - I have to say I am
far from AIX expert.

My configuration is following : TSM server 4.1.3.2 on AIX 4.3.3
                                           TSM client 4.1.2 on AIX 4.3.3
with SAP on Adabas.

TSM scheduler is started from inittab , backup of filesystems is running
withou any problem. I prepared simple script for SAP backup - script do su
to db admin
account and starts adabas backup to TSM - but I receive rc=1 from
scheduled event ( command ) in dsmsched.log . I tried to start dsmc sched in
foreground and schedule runs OK . Is there some special setting for Korn
scripts started from TSM scheduler ?  Where can I find rc from Korn shell on
AIX ?
I tried to redirect output from dsmc sched in inittab to file - but there is
no additional information , I add some ls commands to script and script runs
them correctly and ends on su .... .

Thank you for any idea

Petr Prerost
e-mail pprerost AT htd DOT cz