ADSM-L

Re: Database volume move

2001-07-25 10:09:01
Subject: Re: Database volume move
From: "<James> <healy>" <James.Healy2 AT AXACS DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 10:09:45 -0400
Use Mirroring,
     Set up a mirror for the first volume of an original DB once the mirror
is established delete the original. You've now moved the DB with no
disruption.

"Hunley, Ike" <Ike.Hunley AT BCBSFL DOT COM>@VM.MARIST.EDU> on 07/24/2001
06:23:43
PM

To:   ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc:

Subject:  Database volume move

Due to problems with DSMFMT on EMC DASD, (OS/390 2.9, TSM 4.1.2), which
required a ZAP to DSMFMT, I now must move database volumes.  From what I've
seen, it looks like I have to delete a Database volume in order to move it.

I've started a FULL database backup.  I'm now looking for a way to safely
move a database volume by 1.)  Copy each database volume dataset to an
existing, preformatted database volume dataset.
2.) Point ADSM to the new database volume dataset.
3.) Run ADSM with the database volume dataset to make sure it functions
properly.
4.) Delete the old database volume dataset.

What's the best way to accomplish this in OS/390 2.9, TSM 4.1.2?

Any hints?

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida, Inc., and its subsidiary and
affiliate companies are not responsible for errors or omissions in this
e-mail message. Any personal comments made in this e-mail do not reflect
the views of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida, Inc.