ADSM-L

Re: !!!Novell Client Stability!!!!

2001-07-25 08:43:57
Subject: Re: !!!Novell Client Stability!!!!
From: Juergen Heinrich <jheinrich AT VERDI-AG DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 14:36:32 +0100
Hi Scott,

our costumers do have the same environment as you and the netware TSM clients
are stable.

At the beginning we had problems with the backup of the NDS volume.
The costumers NDS volume is very big and with the proposed versions of
 the smdr.nlm, tsa500.nlm and tsands.nlm we had no success (the server has been
crashed).

After a look into the client  readme file in chapter "Novell NetWare Specific
Known Problems"
we have decided to use newer modules.
Currently we are sucessfull using the tsa5up6 package from the novell web site
and the tsm clients
are working well.

There is only one exception! Do not use compression, because the backup time
increases much more
than you can expect.

Sincerly

Juergen Heinrich