ADSM-L

Re: GUI client for 4.1?

2001-07-24 12:01:14
Subject: Re: GUI client for 4.1?
From: Francisco Reyes <lists AT NATSERV DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 12:03:39 -0400
On Tue, 24 Jul 2001, [iso-8859-1] Christo Heu�r wrote:

Hi Christo,

> the old  GUI so you have to probably use both. I use the cmd line as well.
> I agree with Richard, update the Oxford TSM Symposium requirements list as
> mentioned - maybe if we are lucky development might re-look the whole issue of
> dropping the GUI.
> Regards
> Christo Heuer

I can understand why they would want to simplify development and drop the
Admin Gui in favor of a web based solution. What I don't get is why they
dropped so much functionality out. I can't imagine that it would have
added all that much more complexity to include additional fields in the
display (i.e. on the query storage pool).

Been able to manage the server is at the heart of the product so I was
very surprised they would make such decisions as to drop functionality
from the Web admin which was present on the GUI Admin client.