ADSM-L

Re: IBM 3494 Library Sharing

2001-07-23 10:08:29
Subject: Re: IBM 3494 Library Sharing
From: Paul Baines <paulbaines AT GMX DOT DE>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 16:09:13 +0200
>         What I am
>looking for is a solution that allows TSM servers to mount tapes in any
>available drive. Is that what you have?
No, we just have dedicated drives per TSM server, but share the library. We
want to share the drives as well, but we are moving to SAN/FC before we
attempt any drive sharing.
Are your TSM Servers on the same computer? In that case your solution of
using a script to swap drives sounds ok.

>To do library sharing is TCP/IP required? or Can we keep the RS232
>connection?
Sorry, I don't know. If all your servers are on one computer then I would
have thought it would be ok.

....erm, if you've got 6 drives that you can swap between TSM Servers aren't
you already doing library sharing?

http://www.gmx.net

GMX Tipp:

Machen Sie Ihr Hobby zu Geld bei unserem Partner 1&1!
http://profiseller.de/info/index.php3?ac=OM.PS.PS003K00596T0409a