ADSM-L

Shared Memory driver on Server startup

2001-07-18 13:49:43
Subject: Shared Memory driver on Server startup
From: "Block, Clemens" <block AT RZAG DOT NET>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 19:50:06 +0200
Hi all!

Today I installed a TSM 4.1x Server from scratch on a Solaris 8 machine.

I started with installation of release 4.1.0.0 form the CD (server and
client).
I made a minimum Configuration in the server and client config files. Then
I started the server once, only to test if it could run with this
configuration.
All was working well.

To bring the Server an an actual level I removed all TSM packages except
the license package an then installed server release 4.1.4.0 and the
client release 4.1.3.0.

I used the same configuration files as before and start the server. Now
during
the server startup I get following Error message

ANR8289W Shared Memory driver is terminating due to error
                          in creating a new thread

Anybody any Idea what's wrong with my configuration.
I checked the suggestions I found in the IBM Message file. There is a lot
of free shared memory an the MAXConnections is set to 25.

I'm really thankful for any tip

Regards
        Clemens