ADSM-L

Multiple IBM3570 libraries on a single TSM Server.

2001-07-18 10:00:40
Subject: Multiple IBM3570 libraries on a single TSM Server.
From: BENTON Michael <Michael.Benton AT ADPCL.CO DOT UK>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 14:45:50 +0100
My Current TSM server has ONE IBM3570 B12 tape library attached and
defined. I do not use DISK storage pools, but write backup/archive data
direct to tape storage pools.

I would like to add another IBM3570 B12 tape libary to the same TSM server
? Can this be done ? What are the implications for my existing storage
pools, as only ONE library can be associated with a device-class. Can a
storage pool be associated with multiple device-classes ?

Thanks

Michael Benton