ADSM-L

Antwort: Re: Antwort: Preemption not working

2001-07-18 07:42:02
Subject: Antwort: Re: Antwort: Preemption not working
From: Gerhard Wolkerstorfer <Gerhard.Wolkerstorfer AT T-SYSTEMS DOT AT>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 13:43:03 +0200
Eric,
it is a problem, I guess we all know that. And the same happens, when you have
only 2 mount points and Reclamation is running, or something else and the
Migration cannot clean up the Diskpool by migrating to tape, because of the
missing mount point.
We solved the problem by
1) defining 3 mountpoints. When Reclamation, Backup Stg and so on is using 2
mount points, we have one left
2) Because our diskpool has 20 Gb Storage and our clients are used to backup
about 80 Gb per night, we are running Backup Diskpool->Copypool each hour and
after 1 pm, we are running Backup Primarypool->Copypool to backup the missing
data (which was migrated between the hourly Diskpool Backup)

Regards
Gerhard Wolkerstorfer

Eric-van.Loon AT KLM DOT COM (Loon. E.J. van - SPLXM) am 18.07.2001 11:42:53

Bitte antworten an ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU