ADSM-L

LARGE FILE BACKUPS THROUGH A FIREWALL.

2001-07-16 12:17:19
Subject: LARGE FILE BACKUPS THROUGH A FIREWALL.
From: Steve Martin <steve.martin AT MCMASTER DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 11:14:35 -0500
I'm new to this site so I'd thought I'd throw this out here.

I'm running TSM Server, ver 4.1, on OS/390 and I'm having problems backing
up large files from our Web Production NT/2000 servers through our IBM AIX
Firewalls running Checkpoint.  I got a 25 GB SQL DB that takes over 40-50
hours to backup.  I've tested the same backup but bypassing the FW's and the
backup took only about 1 hour!  It is not only the SQL DB but any large file
takes a tremendous amount of time to backup through the FW.   I've called
TSM support and they basically said it was a networking issue (no surprise
there).  I'm suspecting something like NAT is confusing TSM.  Any Ideas?

Thanks,

Steve Martin
Steve.Martin AT mcmaster DOT com