ADSM-L

Re: using compression on netware tsm clients

2001-07-13 09:54:14
Subject: Re: using compression on netware tsm clients
From: Lindsay Morris <lmorris AT SERVERGRAPH DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 09:53:27 -0400
Look at idlewait (client think time and compression time, comm wait (network
time), and media wait (TSM server time) in the accounting log
(server-dir/dsmaccnt.log - you may need to SET ACCOUNTING ON)

Then you can definitely see where the slowdown is.  Compression on a low-end
client will slow things down.  Can your netwrok hardware do compression
instead?