ADSM-L

Schedule DB Backup not executing.

2001-07-13 09:02:52
Subject: Schedule DB Backup not executing.
From: "Martin, Jon R." <jrmartin AT KNS DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 09:03:05 -0400
We use the following schedule to do a daily full backup of the database.
This is TSM 3.7 running on AIX 4.3.3.  The past week I have noticed that
this schedule does not appear to be executing at all.  The only other
process that is consistently running at this time is a storage pool backup.
I can start the db backup manually with no problems using the same command
listed in the schedule.  This schedule has worked for a long time and I can
not recall any changes we have made in the past month that could be a cause.
Any ideas on this problem.

tsm:>q sched DBBACKUP_FULL type=admin f=d

        Schedule Name: DBBACKUP_FULL
        Command: backup db devclass=3570 type=full scratch=yes wait=yes
            Start Date/Time: 10/08/99   08:00:00
            Duration: 1 Hour(s)
            Period: 1 Day(s)
            Day of Week: Any
            Expiration:
            Active?: Yes
        Last Update by (administrator): xxxxx
        Last Update Date/Time: 07/12/01   15:52:42
            Managing profile:

Thanks,

Jon Martin