ADSM-L

Re: TSM server performance help

2001-07-11 10:27:07
Subject: Re: TSM server performance help
From: bbullock <bbullock AT MICRON DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 08:27:47 -0600
        I've seen all the replies and they are all good, but I don't think
they will solve your problem. I think the most telling problem is that when
you run backups individually, they work great, but when you have multiple
sessions and processes running at the same time, they all seem to bog down.
We are running 2 of our TSM servers on M80s and they just scream.

        It sounds like what bit us when we upgraded to AIX 4.3.3. Because of
the way TSM threads it's jobs, if you don't have a certain setting in AIX,
your TSM server will become a single threaded beast and really bog down.