ADSM-L

Re: TSM and 3590E Tapes

2001-07-10 11:05:45
Subject: Re: TSM and 3590E Tapes
From: Fred Johanson <fred AT MIDWAY.UCHICAGO DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 10:03:31 -0500
When we did this on AIX, every 3590B cartridge became READ-ONLY.  Depending
on the size of your scratch pool, you can either let them migrate to 3590E
via gradual reclamation, which you can speed along by setting a relatively
low reclamation value, or by run MOVE DATA on every 3590B volume you have.