ADSM-L

Re: TSM 4.1.2.12 NT client installation.

2001-07-09 15:47:59
Subject: Re: TSM 4.1.2.12 NT client installation.
From: "Brian L. Nick" <BRIAN.NICK AT PHOENIXWM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 15:48:31 -0400
Mark,

 But doesn't a complete install lead you to believe that the services for
the web client will be installed? Even if we do a custom install and select
the web client the services (Client acceptor and Remote Client) do not get
installed.

Thanks,
   Brian

                   "Mark
                   Stapleton"           To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                   <stapleto@BER        cc:
                   BEE.COM>             Subject:     Re: TSM 4.1.2.12 NT client
                   Sent by:             installation.
                   "ADSM: Dist
                   Stor Manager"
                   <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MA
                   RIST.EDU>

                   07/09/01
                   03:35 PM
                   Please
                   respond to
                   "ADSM: Dist
                   Stor Manager"

On Mon, 9 Jul 2001 15:07:29 -0400, you wrote:
> Thanks for the reply. This might be confusion on my part as the read-me
>talks about the Web Client which I relate to the Client Acceptor and the
>Remote Client Agent,here is the entry that I am talking about:
>
>Installing the Client
[snippage]

>Please let me know if this is something that I am missing.

The web client software is installed, but unless you choose to
configure it (from the Setup Wizard found in the client GUI), the
*services* that run the software aren't installed.