ADSM-L

Re: Moving Nodes to a different domain

2001-07-09 12:06:11
Subject: Re: Moving Nodes to a different domain
From: "Warren, Matthew James" <matthewjames.warren AT EDS DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 17:06:42 +0100
Joe,

We had a similar idea for DR Tests as we have several different customers
using the same TSM silo. I initially looked at co-location but this
generates other problems with offsite copy pools.

The only way I know to do it is have separate storage pool hierarchies for
each group of servers that are backing up - you don't _have_ to have them in
separate domains if you specify managment classes for the client data that
point the data to different storage pools. You end up with a separate
disk/tape/copy pool for each 'collection' of servers.

We didnt do this in the end either - we have decided to keep the TSM setup
simple and operator performed tape movements simpler, and move all the
offsite tapes to DR sites when needed.

Matt.

Matthew Warren.          GZPTXW
EDS Core Infrastructure,