ADSM-L

Re: Lotus Notes TDP Support

2001-07-09 07:49:06
Subject: Re: Lotus Notes TDP Support
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 07:44:00 -0400
Matthew,

What are your plans to move to Domino R5?
Once you move to Lotus Domino R5, you can use
Tivoli Data Protection for Lotus Domino.
It uses the new backup APIs that Lotus
introduced in Domino R5.

TDP for Lotus Notes and TDP for Lotus Domino
are two different products.  TDP for Lotus Notes
only worked with R4.  TDP for Lotus Domino
will work with R5 and planning for Rnext.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

"It's a beautiful day.  Don't let it get away."  -- Bono

                    Matthew Large
                    <matthew.large@PHOE       To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT
EDU
                    NIXSM.COM>                cc:
                    Sent by: "ADSM:           Subject:     Lotus Notes TDP
Support
                    Dist Stor Manager"
                    <[email protected]

                    07/09/2001 05:05 AM
                    Please respond to
                    "ADSM: Dist Stor
                    Manager"

> Hi All,
>
> I read recently somewhere, the Tivoli website I think, that support for
> the
> TDP for Lotus Notes wiil cease within the year. Does anyone have anymore
> news on this? And if someone has any answers, can I ask "How will my
> customers backup their Lotus Notes environment in the future if this is
> out
> of support?"
>
> Many Thanks
[Matthew Large]