ADSM-L

Re: RSM

2001-07-08 09:55:48
Subject: Re: RSM
From: Mark Stapleton <stapleto AT BERBEE DOT COM>
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2001 22:23:28 -0500
On Mon, 2 Jul 2001 16:21:44 +0200, you wrote:
>I have had backup failure on one particular Windows 2000 server running a TSM
>client 41212. The errors began after SP 2 installation and have to do with RSM.
>Backup fails completely. Has anyone come across the same problem?

This has little to do with SP2, but I've got a customer that has his
RSM service shutdown (long story, not worth going into). Every time
the backup encounters the RSM system object, TSM reports a backup
failure, although the backup was completely successful up to that
point.

The workaround was to first backup just the files (using a domain
statement), and then expressly back up the system objects (using
backup commands).