ADSM-L

Re: tsm 4.2 new features for windows nt perf

2001-07-08 09:37:00
Subject: Re: tsm 4.2 new features for windows nt perf
From: Lindsay Morris <lmorris AT SERVERGRAPH DOT COM>
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2001 09:47:26 -0400
Great question.  Specifically, I'd like to know how much journal based
backups reduce the millions-of-little-files problem, i.e., TSM client spends
all its time walking a huge directory tree, only to discover that there's
little or nothing to back up.

(Of course, this problem can occur with Unix systems too - so if journal
based backups is the fix, when will it be there for unix?)