ADSM-L

Re: Distribution of PERL TSM Module

2001-07-05 13:26:30
Subject: Re: Distribution of PERL TSM Module
From: "Wallace, Gary C" <gary.c.wallace AT INTEL DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 08:13:30 -0700
I would like a copy.....Thanks

Gary Wallace
Storage Engineer

Email:gary.c.wallace AT intel DOT com
Office:(916) 356-6465
Pager: (888) 787-9831
Cellular:(916) 799-4479
 <<...OLE_Obj...>>

 -----Original Message-----
From:   Jörg Nouvertné [mailto:joerg.nouvertne AT WTAL DOT DE]
Sent:   Wednesday, July 04, 2001 1:14 AM
To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Subject:        Distribution of PERL TSM Module

Hello,

getting sick of reinventing the wheel every time I had to write a TSM script
in PERL, I've put some effort in creating a collection of TSM related PERL
modules, which are ready to be released in a beta version. The currently
implemented features  are

1. User/Password handling
2. Interface to the administrative console
3. Select into an array of hashes with the column names as keys (for
non-unique select commands)
4. Select into an existing hash of hashes with the first column as the
unique identifier, which can be used to compose one output out of 2
different tables, e.g. libvolumes and volumes.

Are there any objections to introduce a new PERL namespace TSM at CPAN?
There are basically 2 approaches:

1. Having all features in one Module "TSM".
2. Having 2 Modules, TSM for the basic features 1 and 2, and a derived
module TSM::Select for the features 3 and 4.

Approach 1 is easier to implement, however approach 2 is more flexible in
regards of future efforts of others (your assistant will be appreciated).
What do you think?

Since I don't have a homepage yet (it's under construction), I can send a
pre-release of the module via mail (<5kB) to everyone who is interested.
Just let me know via personal mail.

Kind regards,

Jörg Nouvernté
joerg.nouvertne AT wtal DOT de