ADSM-L

Backs of SANS NT Environment

2001-07-04 21:51:43
Subject: Backs of SANS NT Environment
From: "BURDEN,Anthony" <anthony.burden AT DEWRSB.GOV DOT AU>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 11:52:22 +1000
My last question fetch zero replies so I will try some re-wording.

I run a TSM Server Ver 4.1.3.0 on NT4.0 service pack 6, backing up 100 odd
NT servers using TSM Client Version 4.1.2.12 on NT 2000 servers and TSM
Client Version 3.1.08 on NT 4 servers.

My problem is that when is try to backup a SAN drive through a Compaq DL380
running NT200 server with the following specs.

2 x PIII/933MHz 256K Cache
512Mb RAM
Compaq 5300 RAID Card
2 x 9.1Gb 10K rpm U3 HDD's
Compaq 64bit / 66MHz HBA
3 x 100baseT run in Cisco Etherchannel mode

the initial incremental completes successfully but the next restarts the
server that the client runs on, the logs show zero errors.

I guess I am wondering if other in the world are getting successful results
and what versions they are running.

I have a different SAN that works, but the front ends are NT4 and the TSM
client is 3.1.08. I am going to try this on the new SAN to-day but I see
stuff in the archives re SAN backups on the SAN side of the network but not
much about people backup through the front ends to a TSM server on the LAN
side.

any help/idea would help

thanks
Anthony

Notice:
The information contained in this e-mail message and any attached files may
be confidential information, and may also be the subject of legal
professional privilege.  If you are not the intended recipient any use,
disclosure or copying of this e-mail is unauthorised.  If you have received
this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail
and delete all copies of this transmission together with any attachments.