ADSM-L

Re: cuSignOnResp

2001-07-04 09:19:52
Subject: Re: cuSignOnResp
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2001 09:20:34 -0400
>I've got the message
>07/01/01   21:30:45 cuSignOnResp: Server rejected session; result code: 53
>in dsmerror.log every time on every clients.
>Few months ago I asked IBM/Tivoli for help ....without success.

That's very sad.  If the people who created the software say "I dunno"
when you ask for help on a straightforward problem like this, I would
have your management talk to their management about the meaning of support.
(Note in particular that this very error message has been present in the
product since 1996, if not earlier.)

But what underlies the message - which has been plaguing a number of customers?
Dwight Cook yesterday posted a clear description of how it is occurring in his
sessions, which shows that it occurs even in simple cases, non-scheduled.
Postings thus far have cited the client error log, but I haven't seen info
as to whether there are any corresponding server Activity Log messages,
which may explain what's happening.
If these instances involve clients with Passwordaccess Generate in effect,
I would look into any irregularities with the password storage area in the
client, and change the password.
(The Result Code 53 seems to correspond to the API Return Code
DSM_RC_REJECT_ID_UNKNOWN.  See Messages manual.)

Another thing comes to mind...  As of ADSM 3.1.2.1, whenever a Register Node
is performed, a node administrator userid is automatically defined, having
the same name and password as the node being registered.  I'm wondering if
this is involved in the secondary session that everyone is seeing; and if
something happened to the admin id (maybe renamed or deleted, or a Lock Admin
in effect?), or its password is inconsistent, perhaps that is behind the
error.  I'll be very interested if affected users find anything in this
regard.

  Richard Sims, BU