ADSM-L

Re: Q ACTL / SEARCH question

2001-07-03 11:23:44
Subject: Re: Q ACTL / SEARCH question
From: "Sheets, Jerald" <JSHeets AT OLOLRMC DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 10:24:19 -0500
Certainly.

Here is my statement for querying the accounting log for the previous
workday/night:

LOG_Q=`dsmadmc -id=foo -pa=bar -outfile=actlog.tmp q actlog begindate=TODA
Y-1 begintime=17:00:00 enddate=TODAY endtime=05:59:59`

and later I clal it with:

echo "Unavailable tape list:  $TAPELIST  " >>$REPORT

So, my guess would be you could set a variable thus so:

CHECKIN_Q=`dsmadmc -id=foo -pa=bar q actl begint=-48` |grep '119 minutes'

(I couldn't get the "search" term to the command line without ADSM freaking
out)

You could also use the -outfile=filename parameter to chunk it to disk to do
darn near any type of text processing you'd like with it.

and provide the answer later with

echo "My info:  $CHECKIN_Q" >>$REPORT

Hope that helps

Jerald Sheets, Systems Analyst TIS
Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center
5000 Hennessy Blvd, Baton Rouge, LA 70808
Ph.225.765.8734..Fax.225.765.8784
E-mail: jsheets AT ololrmc DOT com