ADSM-L

Re: Redirecting Output In Scripts

2001-07-03 10:26:26
Subject: Re: Redirecting Output In Scripts
From: Nicholas Cassimatis <nickpc AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 09:10:22 -0400
I found that running dsmadmc on my Win95 workstation I'd have to not  put
in the space after the > symbol - ex:

select node_name, volume_name from volumeusage >d:\temp\vols.out

Nick Cassimatis
nickpc AT us.ibm DOT com

Today is the tomorrow of yesterday.

                    Robin Lowe
                    <robin_lowe@STANDAR       To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT
EDU
                    DLIFE.COM>                cc:
                    Sent by: "ADSM:           Subject:     Redirecting Output
In Scripts
                    Dist Stor Manager"
                    <[email protected]

                    07/02/01 07:32 AM
                    Please respond to
                    "ADSM: Dist Stor
                    Manager"

I am having a bit of bother routing output from a script to a file in an
AIX
environment.
(I am fairly new to AIX having been an MVS/OS390 junky for 20 odd years !)

Currently we have an ADSM 3.1.2.50 (yes I know we are out of support -
upgrade to TSM 4.1 pending !!) on OS390 and an AIX server at TSM 3.7.2.
In the ADSM server, I can execute a SELECT command in Batch TSO Admin as
follows :

SELECT NODE_NAME,VOLUME_NAME FROM VOLUMEUSAGE -
 > 'DM.PROD.ADSMP.VOLUSAGE'

The output goes to the OS390 dataset as expected.

However, in the TSM server on AIX, a similar command defined as a script
and
then run issues an ANR2907E Unexpected SQL operator token - '>'.

eg : select node_name, volume_name from volumeusage > /adsmlogs/output.file

If you run the same command in a command line admin client session
(dsmadmc), the command does redirect the output okay !!

How can I get the output redirected in a script ?
I want to automate several scripts, redirecting the output to files which I
can post-process on OS390 with SAS.

Thanks

Robin Lowe
Senior Storage Analayst

For more information on Standard Life, visit our website
http://www.standardlife.com/   The Standard Life Assurance Company,
Standard
Life House, 30 Lothian Road, Edinburgh EH1 2DH, is registered in Scotland
(No SZ4) and regulated by the Personal Investment Authority.  Tel: 0131 225
2552 - calls may be recorded or monitored.  This confidential e-mail is for
the addressee only.  If received in error, do not retain/copy/disclose it
without our consent and please return it to us.  We virus scan all e-mails
but are not responsible for any damage caused by a virus or alteration by a
third party after it is sent.