ADSM-L

Re: can't over the 30 GB on tape.

2001-07-02 09:38:55
Subject: Re: can't over the 30 GB on tape.
From: "Kauffman, Tom" <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 08:31:43 -0500
Or is the NT drive a compressed drive? Or MS-Exchange, with a compressed
information store?

I routinely get about 100 GB of SAP/Oracle on a DLT 7000, with Format=DRIVE.
OTOH, I max ot at about 68 GB with NT (as seen from the TSM server) and at
30 GB the tape will go FULL if I'm backing up MS-Exchange.

If you have the network capacity, don't do TSM client compression; let the
tape drive do the data compression.

Tom Kauffman
NIBCO, Inc