ADSM-L

can't over the 30 GB on tape.

2001-07-01 07:42:48
Subject: can't over the 30 GB on tape.
From: Ofer <ofer AT TRIP.CCC.CO DOT IL>
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2001 11:43:55 +0200
Hi all

I have adsm 3.1 on aix 4.2.1 with DLT library. On the library I have 3
stgpool NT,UNIX and Oracle.
After having a space problem on the library we decided to upgrade the
20/40GB tape drive
to 35/70GB tape drive and start labeling all the volumes.
The problem is that in the unix stgpool I can see 35G capacity on the
volume some time more then that, but on the NT stgpool the capacity on
the volume can't get over the 30GB per volume with status full & pct
98%.

The IBM guy's told me to change the drive format from fromat=drive to
fomat=dlt35,
but this didn't help.
I told them that the problem is only on the NT stgpool there is no
problem on the unix stgpool.

Thanks in advance
Ofer Nachom
TripleC.