ADSM-L

Simple archival problem (I hope)

2001-06-29 12:23:00
Subject: Simple archival problem (I hope)
From: "Sheets, Jerald" <JSHeets AT OLOLRMC DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 11:23:54 -0500
Ladies and Gentlemen,

        I am encountering an issue that doesn't seem to be addressed
(directly) in the documentation.  The scenario is simple, but I am not sure
of the method to enact what I'm trying to do.

        We are divided into 2 teams here, and the other team removed and
shipped off a box that was included in nightly backup.  This machine name is
MIS_10.  I have automated reports firing daily, and one of the items I track
is whether the backup was successful the previous night, or how long since a
backup has occured.  Obviously, our MIS_10 is now gone, so it is not backing
up anymore.  So, 3 things need to happen.  MIS_10 needs to be removed from
the backup set, I need to archive the last good backup indefinitely, and I
need to disable all future backups.

Any ideas as to how to accomplish this?

Jerald Sheets, Systems Analyst TIS
Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center
5000 Hennessy Blvd, Baton Rouge, LA 70808
Ph.225.765.8734..Fax.225.765.8784
E-mail: jsheets AT ololrmc DOT com