ADSM-L

Comparing results from Q LIBV against Q VOL looking for percent u tilized tapes outside of library

2001-06-29 11:02:00
Subject: Comparing results from Q LIBV against Q VOL looking for percent u tilized tapes outside of library
From: Lu Ann Mezera <L.Mezera AT LABSAFETY DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 10:02:59 -0500
We are running TSM 4.1 and have a MagStar 3575 tape library.  Unfortunately,
we have had to dismount many of our private volume tapes due to increasing
storage needs (which will be resolved with the install of an additional tape
library next month).  It seems like the space reclamation process doesn't
ask for all of these dismounted private tapes after a certain time.

I would like to run a query of all tapes that the library knows about to see
the volumes that are below the threshold I want to have reclaimed.  I would
then like to compare these volumes to what is actually mounted in the
library.  We have been doing manual comparisons for the last few weeks and
this is very time consuming.  I am thinking we could do a SQL select
statement but I don't know what the syntax would be.

Basically, I want to do a Q VOLUME and look for any tapes that are below 40%
utilized and then compare the results to a Q LIBV 3575LIB command.  If I get
a hit in both queries, I want to know the tape number.  Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help.

Lu Ann Mezera
Data Center Supervisor
Lab Safety Supply