ADSM-L

Re: Error Msg: ANR0102E asalloc.c(3936)

2001-06-28 14:35:59
Subject: Re: Error Msg: ANR0102E asalloc.c(3936)
From: Jim Coen <coen AT WASHBURN DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 13:37:01 -0500
On Thu, 28 Jun 2001, Gill, Geoffrey L. wrote:

> >    ANR0102E asalloc.c(3936): Error 1 inserting row in table
> >"AS.Segments".
>
> I've seen this here and had to audit the volume in question to fix the
> problem. It all worked after that for me.

    I have already attempted this . . . but it fails, bringing up
    ANOTHER problem I have been having with greater and greater
    frequency:

        The offending volume is set to 'offsite'. When I issue the
        command 'update vol XXXXXX acc=readw' it appears to
        update correctly, but an attempt to 1) move data, 2) delete
        volume, 3) audit vol, 4) etc., I get the message that
        the volume is offsite. I guess what I am saying is that
        there is something wrong with the way ADSM keeps track of
        the access modes for volumes, sometimes telling me that they
        are offsite even though I have set acc=readwrite.

    The long and short of it is this: I am not able to audit
    that volume because it is 'offsite'. I am unable to change
    the access mode to 'readw' or 'reado' This is the error message
    I receive: ANR2456E AUDIT VOLUME: Unable to access associated volume
    0E2960 - access mode is set to "offsite".

    Other ideas are welcome.

    Thanks.

    Jim