ADSM-L

Restore of Novell NDS

2001-06-28 12:20:26
Subject: Restore of Novell NDS
From: Brian CTR Englert <Brian.CTR.Englert AT TC.FAA DOT GOV>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 12:20:19 -0400
To all,

Has anyone ever restored the entire NDS tree in a Netware 4.11 environment using
an old ADSM client (3.0......)  and the server is running ADSM version
3.1.2.20?.  I am testing NDS restores and,

1) I do not get trustee rights back on individual user restores. Only the home
directory comes back but any rights to other network files or directories seem
to fail.

2) If I delete a test Container with Leaf Objects in it, upon restore of the
container none of the leaf objects come back. I must manually then restore each
leaf object. Is this how ADSM restores the NDS? My command to restore the
container is    res dir:.o=faatc.ou=adsmback   from here I then need to restore
each user individually, is there a way to drill down farther with one command
without restoring the entire NDS.

3) Also my nightly's of NDS are still not going off. We have about 10 Netware
servers I tweaked a few of the dsm.opt files but they all still failed. Do they
all need to be identical? I keep getting Invalid Drive Specification 'NDS'. In
one OPT file I had as my Domain statement

    DOMAIN ALL-LOCAL DIR

and I still got an NDS error.  The other OPT files have

    DOMAIN    APP: SYS: USER: NDS:

Unfortunatley need to test on our production LAN so I cant restore the entire
NDS, I limited to only specific testing. If anyone can help I would greatly
appreciate it.

Thanks

Brian Englert