ADSM-L

Antw: restore db

2001-06-28 04:54:55
Subject: Antw: restore db
From: Wolfgang Herkenrath <w.herkenrath AT LVR DOT DE>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 10:24:24 +0100
Hi Manoel,

1. No, I think it's not ok. If the DB really was 4MB large TSM only need 4MB
for the restore.

2. It is possible. You have to preallocate the DB for the restore. If you
allocate the DB to small, TSM told you how much space it needs. So, I think you
DB wasn't 4 MB, I think it was 64 MB.

Wolfgang

>>> Manoel Braz <manoelbraz AT HOTMAIL DOT COM> 27.06.00 21:28:06 >>>
Hi *SMs,

1- I am trying to restore a DB that it has 4MB for test but TSM asks for =
64MB of free space to do the restore. Is it ok?

2- Is it possible to restore a DB when I do not know the size of it?

Thanks,

Manoel